Risk Management works with faculty, researchers, students, and administration to identify, assess, and mitigate UBC’s strategic, academic, operational, financial, hazard, and reputational risks.
What is RMS’s vision?
RMS will be a source of empowerment and enablement to the UBC community by weaving risk management into the fabric of the way UBC operates. Together, RMS and the UBC community will view risk management as critical to implementing the University’s strategy.
^ Back to Top
What are RMS’s commitments?
We are steadfast in our commitment to support and enhance UBC’s institutional strategy, resilience and reputation by:
- Partnering with and enabling our UBC community:
- Collaborative work environment for collective outcomes and successes
- Coordinated approach, highly communicative, pragmatic, informative and supportive
- Enabling a safe and secure environment:
- Enable informed risk taking in a safe and secure environment through education and support
- Provide programs which are sustainable and evolve with a changing risk environment
- Being a trusted advisor:
- Recognized and sought out center of excellence in the field of risk management
- Expertise delivered to professional standards