Emergency Preparedness at UBC is managed by Risk Management Services in partnership with Faculties and Departments across campus. Being prepared at UBC means to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from any and all emergencies that could affect the University Community.
The goal is to have a comprehensive plan extending from all levels of emergency personnel down through the individuals that make up our community to prevent situations that cause emergencies.
- Preparing people for the procedures to follow should an emergency occur;
- Having a well-collaborated response from the University through the Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) to effectively mitigate any emergency;
- Being ready and able to recover quickly from emergency events to keep the mission of UBC actively moving forward.
You can be a part of the UBC Emergency program by:
- Ensuring that your building has an emergency plan;
- Educating everyone on what to do during an emergency.
Please take time to review and familiarize yourself with the many resources available to you here at UBC.
In this section