Training and courses are offered for individuals preparedness and/or specialized technical roles within the UBC Emergency Plan.
What training is available for individuals?
- Active Shooter Preparedness Training – A workshop that presents and discusses responses people could take if they encounter an active shooter.
- Floor Warden Training – A workshop that outlines the responsibilities of wardens and provides information on basic fire safety.
- First Aid Training – A full day training session for Occupational First Aid Level 1 held monthly at UBC and offered through St. John Ambulance Services
What specialized training is available?
- Emergency Operations (EOC) Training – A workshop based on the BCERMS model and the BC Provincial Emergency Program (PEP) “all hazards” approach.
- Emergency Response Team Training – Training for staff members to become Emergency Response Team members. These ERTs receive instruction in Occupational First Aid Level 1, ACT20 (Rapid Building Damage Assessment) and Light Urban Search and Rescue.